Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The plan

Almost two years ago, my husband decided we should do this. I wasn't convinced at first, I thought he wanted us to become beggers or something. This, of course, was not the case. He played a video for me, showing me different ppl "workamping", and it simply seems amazing! There are ppl from all walks of life, and workamping jobs all over the country, doing all sorts of things! There was a job posting last september, (of course we weren't ready for that), but it was for a couple to be lighthouse keepers for the month of september, in Washington state! Imagine how beautiful that has to be, plus you stay there for free!
Some ppl work in amusement parks, state parks, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Mt. Rushmore...... the list goes on and on. There is a llama farm in Tx.......... (I COULD BE A LLAMA MAMA!!), an animal rescue resort in New Mexico, and even a nudist resort in Oregon, near the redwood forest! So many interesting places and ppl! Ok, I'll admit, I'm not at all interested in the nudist resort........ but I am excited to see the redwood trees! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search